Flood Communications, LLC has a Full Time opening for the position of NCN Digital Director in our Norfolk facility.
The Digital Director will create and produce the station’s digital coverage on all platforms.
The successful candidate must have knowledge of video desktop editing, basic coding, HTML, CMS, Photoshop and word processing programs.
NCN currently post 3,000,000-page views per month and that number is growing year after year.
The Digital Director also manages digital projects done by digital and broadcast journalists.
We are looking for someone to raise the digital bar for our entire station and inspire the team to reach their goals.
The primary responsibilities include:
(1) Pushing video content generated by the news department to the appropriate platforms.
(2) Manage content display across desktop and mobile.
(3) Drive higher levels of engagement, web traffic, and television viewing from our digital audiences across platforms.
(4) Coordination of special station promotions directly toward digital efforts.
(5) A command of digital analytics and be able to share the information to help grow our produc
(6) Helping generate news content for the website, with an emphasis on speed, accuracy and news integrity. t.
• Strong editorial judgment and journalism ethics • Reviews copy for correct content, grammar, punctuation, etc. • Contribute content to relevant events and/or stories as needed • Assist with special projects planning & execution • Think strategically about developing the digital audiences and online capacities of newsroom • Help develop new opportunities to expand news brand and services while utilizing new and emerging technologies • Understand and utilize digital analytics • Live streaming/OBS knowledge • Work in tandem with other news managers • Execute breaking news and weather coverage, including push alerts, social media, email alerts • Develop and maintain new sections of the websites as news coverage dictates • Plan for the long-term growth of the sites, sets priorities and plans coverage for major events • Manage social media, including staff posts and moderation of user comments • Additional responsibilities as assigned by management The Digital Director should also: • Demonstrate solid news judgment and have the ability to write news stories for the website (in a timely fashion) • Demonstrate fluency on WordPress and ability to work with HTML • Understand RSS, SEO, FTP, and an understanding of CMS • Use metrics to play to strengths, shore up weaknesses, and drive traffic • Demonstrate ability to manage messaging across social media platforms and understand how to create engaging content • Demonstrate ability to learn and implement new software programs • Demonstrate strong time, deadline and multiple project management skills • Embrace journalistic ethics and have strong understanding of copyright/broadcast law
A degree in journalism or a related field is required. Newsroom experience is preferred. While they will work primarily with news, the Digital Content Director will also work with sales, production, and promotions.
We’re also looking for someone who has their own great ideas, knows how to make them happen, and can help take News Channel Nebraska to the next level.
- Must have Valid Driver’s License
Applicants should be self-starters, must have the ability to pay close attention to detail and follow through. Please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Flood Digital Networks, LLC & Flood Communications LLC & Red Beacon Communication, LLC along with all its subsidiaries company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.