Salary: TBD- Based on Experience
Location: Omaha, NE, Grand Island, NE
Who Are We?
Flood Communications is one of the largest news operations in Nebraska. We deliver hyper-local news and high-quality programming to radio, TV, and digital audiences across the state, reaching more than 500,000 homes and 200,000 social media followers. Flood Communication stations include Telemundo Nebraska, News Channel Nebraska, and fifteen radio stations.
Telemundo Nebraska is the state’s first network affiliate delivering local Spanish news. Telemundo Nebraska covers three DMAs- Omaha, Lincoln/Hastings/Kearney, and Sioux City. Telemundo Nebraska is over-the-air by antenna in Omaha, Lincoln, Norfolk, Beatrice, Columbus, Grand Island, and Sioux City, and is on Cable in all three DMAs, as well as DISH in the Omaha DMA and on Hulu, FuBo, and YouTube.
Radio Lobo (97.7 FM) was the region’s first Spanish radio station and is the only 100,000 watt Spanish language radio station reaching five states. Radio Lobo has the largest signal area reaching the majority of Latinos in Nebraska and Iowa; it is also steaming LIVE on lobo977.com and the new Telemundo Nebraska App. With over 383,000 followers Radio Lobo has the largest following of any media in Nebraska.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Operations Manager
- Direct and administer the day-to-day operations of the station, including the non-engineering portions of the station’s physical plant, space allocation and utilization, station supplies and inventory, and station safety and security.
- Oversee and coordinate the continuous, multifaceted operations of the TV stations, radio stations, the news site and mobile news app.
- Oversee and direct the work of all program directors, news directors, and promotions directors.
- Ensure all media platforms are in compliance with broadcast standards and relevant federal and state laws and regulations, including FCC rules and regulations.
- Ensure that Flood Communications maintains accurate schedules, records, discrepancy reports, and follow-through communications.
- Participate in the establishment, organization, and implementation of Flood Communications’ short- and long-range goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Monitor and evaluate program effectiveness and develop and implement any changes required for improvement.
- Plan, design, establish, and maintain organizational structures and systems that enable community volunteer staff members to effectively accomplish Flood Communications’ mission, goals, and objectives.
- Lead recruitment, training, scheduling, retention, problem resolution, and performance management at Flood Communications.
- May provide services as an on-air host for TV, radio, and social from time-to-time.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
- Knowledge of radio and tv principles, procedures, operations, and standards.
- Knowledge and understanding of broadcast facilities and distribution systems.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
- Knowledge of project management principles, practices, techniques, and tools.
- Knowledge of FCC and other federal, state and local broadcasting regulations.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Knowledge of budgeting and fiscal management principles and procedures.
- Knowledge of facilities management, physical plant, safety, and building safety and security procedures.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Knowledge of on-air and remote broadcasting processes and procedures.
- Skills in examining and developing station operations and procedures, formulating policy, and implementing organizational strategies and procedures.
Minimum Job Requirements
- High school diploma or GED
- 5+ years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified in this job description.
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirements may be substituted as a substitute for experience, as determined in the sole discretion of Flood Communications.
- Qualified Candidates should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
- Additional Information: Flood Digital Networks (Flood Communications LLC) along with all its subsidiaries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities and women encouraged to apply.