Who Are We?
We are one of the largest news operations in Nebraska, Flood Communications delivers hyper-local news and high-quality programming to radio, TV and digital audiences across the state, reaching more than 500,000 homes and 200,000 social media followers. Its stations include: News Channel Nebraska, Telemundo Nebraska and ten radio stations. News Channel Nebraska is the only in-state, independent television network of its kind in America. Telemundo Nebraska is the state’s first network affiliate to deliver live, local Spanish news to Nebraska’s nearly 250,000 Hispanic residents. Flood Communications connects communities across the state by covering important events, supporting worthy causes and continuing to look ahead, envisioning the future of communications and the media.
The Role: Full Time Anchor/Reporter
Salary: TBD Based on Experience
Location: Norfolk NE
Flood Communications’ News Channel Nebraska is hiring a Full Time Anchor/Reporter in our Norfolk NE Location.
This is an entry-level position, but experience shooting video and anchoring is a must. The individual chosen for this position must be self-motivated, ambitious, and willing to go the extra mile to produce quality content. Applicant will need excellent time management skills with the ability to turn stories quickly and efficiently.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
· Anchoring and producing newscasts
· Reporting on a wide range of community events
· Establishing contacts within the community
· Shooting events and news-related activities.
· Ability to ad-lib during live breaking news situations
· Ability to collaborate with other writers and producers
· Must possess a Communications or Journalism Degree
· Skills to film, edit and write news stories
· Understanding of news writing and journalism standards
· Strong Attention to detail
Qualified Candidates must send a demo reel, cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: Flood Digital Networks (Flood Communications LLC) along with all its subsidiaries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities and women encouraged to apply.