Who Are We?
We are one of the largest news operations in Nebraska, Flood Communications delivers hyper-local news and high-quality programming to radio, TV, and digital audiences across the state, reaching more than 500,000 homes and 200,000 social media followers. Its stations include: News Channel Nebraska, Telemundo Nebraska and ten radio stations. News Channel Nebraska is the only in-state, independent television network of its kind in America. Telemundo Nebraska is the state’s first network affiliate to deliver live, local Spanish news to Nebraska’s nearly 250,000 Hispanic residents. Flood Communications connects communities across the state by covering important events, supporting worthy causes, and continuing to look ahead, envisioning the future of communications and the media.
The Role: Full Time Radio News Anchor
Salary: TBD Based on Experience
Location: Norfolk NE
Flood Communications is hiring a Radio News Anchor in our Norfolk NE Location.
The radio news anchor position requires a professional broadcaster who can write, develop, and deliver radio broadcast reports across our network of radio stations in Nebraska. Some stories require time and development while others occur quickly and demand an immediate response. The radio anchor must write well, possess strong research skills, and speak articulately. This position requires someone who can think on their feet when covering a breaking story.
- Come up with story ideas.
- Respond to breaking news stories.
- Research possible story ideas.
- Interview people.
- Write stories.
- Report on entertainment, sports, or news events.
- Develop web content
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Fluency in English
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required.
- At least 1 year experience in news reporting (Depending on market size)
- Superior on-air presence
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Flexibility to work any shift.
Qualified Candidates please email Cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: Flood Digital Networks (Flood Communications LLC) along with all its subsidiaries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities and women encouraged to apply.