Who Are We?
We are one of the largest news operations in Nebraska, Flood Communications delivers hyper-local news and high-quality programming to radio, TV and digital audiences across the state, reaching more than 500,000 homes and 200,000 social media followers. Its stations include: News Channel Nebraska, Telemundo Nebraska and ten radio stations. News Channel Nebraska is the only in-state, independent television network of its kind in America. Telemundo Nebraska is the state’s first network affiliate to deliver live, local Spanish news to Nebraska’s nearly 250,000 Hispanic residents. Flood Communications connects communities across the state by covering important events, supporting worthy causes and continuing to look ahead, envisioning the future of communications and the media.
The Role: Full Time Live Events Director/Truck Operator
Salary: TBD Based on Experience
Location: Norfolk NE-Travel Required
LIVE EVENTS RESPONSIBILITIES (Outside of Studio)
Include but are not limited to:
· Will manage and direct LIVE events for stations’ sports and community events
· Schedule Camera Operators for all live events throughout the year
· Contact School Athletic Directors/Coaches/IT Folks for site surveys
· Set up site surveys and develop a detailed plan on paper/computer of all information
· Manage and take care of all equipment – inventory truck after each event, make sure truck is clean and equipment is ready to go out for the next event
· Organize all logs for live events
· Create and Update graphics for all live events.
· Set up for all live events including running all fiber for cameras, setting up and testing all equipment in announcer’s booth, and making sure everything is working properly before going live for the event
· Produce and direct all LIVE broadcasts (TriCaster video switcher, 3-Play Replay System, LiveText Graphics, etc.)
· Will be an energetic team player who understands the flexible schedule that the broadcast industry requires to join our production crew
· Will have, or obtain, the necessary knowledge to run the teleprompter, audio-board, graphics system and video equipment; as related to live broadcasts and post-production
· Will have good technical & communication skills – troubleshooting is a must
· Will be organized, proactive, show initiative, and have IT skills
· Will have a keen eye for detail!!
· Will be happy to work under pressure and to strict live deadlines
· Will use studio production skills to produce a professional broadcast product
· Will interface with clients & community leaders!!
Include but are not limited to:
· Record all in-studio TV segments;
· Act as a floor director, technical director using TriCaster video switcher, teleprompter operator, audio mixer and camera operator while recording segments
· Video Editing – experience with Final Cut X or Adobe Suite is a huge plus.
· News is not live, however will need the ability to produce live news and weather as needed.
· Valid Driver License
· Ability to work independently without supervision
· At least a 2-year Associate Degree in broadcasting or another related field required. Qualified Candidates please email Cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: Flood Digital Networks (Flood Communications LLC) along with all its subsidiaries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities and women encouraged to apply.