TV News Reporter
News Channel Nebraska is searching for a motivated News Reporter who will help develop multi-platform content for Radio, TV and Web. The News Reporter must possess strong motivation, a passion for news, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced culture where creativity thrives. The successful candidate must have solid journalistic judgment, a news philosophy that emphasizes accuracy, and a willingness to travel outside the confines of a newsroom in the effort to generate content. Will be an energetic team player who understands the flexible schedule that the broadcast industry requires! Should have a vast knowledge of all current events. You will work a variety of schedules that will allow you to experience in-house and field task work, including, but not limited to, assignment desk assistance, general assignment reporter, and sports reporting, this includes various weekend hours. We will ask for you to look for out-of-the-box ideas, web-based, as well as, over the air broadcasting techniques. You will write, report, produce, anchor and work for a multi-platform news station. YOU WILL BE A LEADER! Candidate would report to the News Director.
- Generate news content for TV, radio, web site, social media, mobile, and apps.
- Produce high quality, relevant, local content that sets the station apart from competitors as a way to grow audience.
- Thorough understanding of hyper-local news and sports
- Ability to report/write/produce news packages
- Must have a passion for creative storytelling and owning breaking news on all our multimedia platforms
- Must be a strong communicator, collaborator, and community- minded, with a deep understanding of the digital world.
- Degree in Broadcast Journalism preferred with experience in television.
- Solid journalistic judgment and a news philosophy that emphasizes accurate, fair and unique local content, along with community engagement.
- Understanding of social media and digital platforms.
- Strong ethical standards and integrity are a must.
- Exceptional organizational skills suited for a fast-paced environment.
- Based on experience.
Interested candidates can send cover letter, resume and related materials to Mike Flood – firstname.lastname@example.org
Flood Digital Networks, LLC & Flood Communications LLC along with all its subsidiaries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities and women encouraged to apply.