Telemundo Nebraska • Radio Lobo
Telemundo Nebraska is the state’s first network affiliate delivering local Spanish news. Telemundo Nebraska covers three DMAs- Omaha, Lincoln/Hastings/Kearney, and Sioux City. Telemundo Nebraska is over-the-air by antenna in Omaha, Lincoln, Norfolk, Beatrice, Columbus, Grand Island, and Sioux City. It is on Cable in all three DMAs, also on DISH in the Omaha DMA and on Hulu, FuBo, and YouTube.
It is the only local Spanish language connection to over 268,000* Hispanics in the three DMAs. It has the only local Spanish language news airing Monday through Friday at 5PM and 10PM.
Telemundo Nebraska provides focused and relevant programming. It focuses on topics that matter to its audience: education, health issues, Hispanic business news, international news, government, and politics. It provides an essential service to Nebraska, Western Iowa, and the Sioux City DMA. It delivers vital information to a segment of the population that speaks Spanish as its first language.
Telemundo Nebraska, along with our sister station News Channel Nebraska, won Google News Initiative’ Journalism Award for their local journalism through the coronavirus pandemic. The initiative supports the production of original journalism for local communities and includes a grant from the Google Journalism Relief Fund.
Telemundo Nebraska and News Channel Nebraska also received the Facebook Journalism Project COVID-19 Local News Relief Fund Grant. That was created to help publishers serving local communities during the coronavirus outbreak.
We were the only broadcaster in the state to receive each award.
Radio Lobo 97.7FM, along with Telemundo Nebraska, offer the only news and entertainment website to the Latino population in our coverage area with lobo977.com and telemundonebraska.com. They have the largest followers of any media in Nebraska with over 383,000 followers. Follow Telemundo Nebraska on Twitter @TelemundoNE and on Facebook /TelemundoNebraska.
Phone: (402) 884-0968
Address: 11128 John Galt Blvd # 25, Omaha, NE 68137
214 North 7th Street, Norfolk, NE 68701
200 Sherman Beatrice, NE 68310
414 4th Street Fairbury, NE 68352
1363 26th Ave. Columbus, Nebraska 68601
Grand Island Office
217 N. Locust Street Grand Island, NE 68801
Nebraska City Office
911 Central Avenue, 2nd Floor Nebraska City, NE 68410
2306 Legion Park Road
Sidney, Nebraska 69162
Radio Lobo (97.7 FM) was the regions first Spanish radio station is the only 100,000 watt Spanish language radio station reaching five states. Radio Lobo has the largest signal area reaching the majority of Latinos in Nebraska and Iowa. It is also steaming LIVE on lobo977.com and the new Telemundo Nebraska App.
Radio Lobo has the only LIVE local DJs in the area M-F from 6AM to 7PM. Listeners enjoy Mexican music and local news, with a strong community focus.
Established in 2002, Radio Lobo has earned national recognition for its outstanding community service. Each year Radio Lobo donates $300,000 of airtime to non-profit programs in Nebraska and Iowa, including:
- Annual Children’s Miracle Network Radiothon to raise money for Children’s Hospital & Medical Center
- Nebraska DHHS Covid Awareness campaigns
- The Annual Dia De Nino Bicycle Giveaway
- One World Community BackPack Giveaway
- Navidad Wish to provide for needy families during the Christmas season.
Radio Lobo also provides the region’s only weekly, live, and interactive talk show, “Community Connection.” It invites local, non-profit organizations to educate listeners about services that are available to the Latino community.
Radio Lobo’s commitment to community and generous acts of service have not gone unnoticed. It has been recognized with the following awards:
- “Crystal Award” for Outstanding Community Service − Radio Lobo is the first Spanish station in America to earn this award from the National Association of Broadcasters in recognition for Radio Lobo’s ongoing commitment to community service; this award is widely recognized as the radio industry’s highest honor. (2005)
- Medallas de Cortez “Station of the Year” − Awarded for raising awareness about the importance of Latino markets, for serving as a leader and for positioning Radio Lobo and its community for continued positive growth. (2012)
- Greater Omaha Chamber’s Small Business of the Month − Recognized for leadership, longevity and commitment to community service. (2015)
Radio Lobo 97.7FM, along with Telemundo Nebraska, offer the only news and entertainment website to the Latino population in our coverage area with lobo977.com and telemundonebraska.com. They have the largest followers of any media in Nebraska with over 383,000 followers.