Telemundo & Radio Lobo
Telemundo Nebraska is the state’s first network affiliate delivering local Spanish news. It delivers live, local news to Nebraska’s 250,000 Hispanic residents. It offers daily newscasts at 5 p.m. and 10 p.m. Telemundo Nebraska provides focused and relevant programming. It focuses on topics that matter to its audience: education, health issues, Hispanic business news, government and politics. It provides an essential service to our state: It delivers vital information to a segment of the population that speaks Spanish as its first language.
Radio Lobo (97.7 FM) was the regions first Spanish radio station; it’s 100,000 watt signal reaches the majority of Latinos in Nebraska and Iowa. Listeners enjoy Mexican music and local news, with a strong community focus.
Established in 2002, Radio Lobo has earned national recognition for its outstanding community service. Each year Radio Lobo donates $300,000 of airtime to non-profit programs in Nebraska and Iowa, including:
- Latino Omaha Police Department events: Easter egg hunt, S.A.F.E., Meet and Treat and Santa in South Omaha
- Annual Toy Drive for Latino children during the Christmas season.
- Heartland Hope Mission’s “Stuff the Truck” food drive, collecting more than 37,000 pounds of food and 425 pounds of hygiene items since 2011
Radio Lobo also provides the region’s only weekly, live and interactive talk show, “Community Connection.” It invites local, non-profit organizations to educate listeners about services that are available to the Latino community.
Radio Lobo’s commitment to community and generous acts of service have not gone unnoticed. It has been recognized with the following awards:
- “Crystal Award” for Outstanding Community Service − Radio Lobo is the first Spanish station in America to earn this award from the National Association of Broadcasters in recognition for Radio Lobo’s ongoing commitment to community service; this award is widely recognized as the radio industry’s highest honor. (2005)
- Medallas de Cortez “Station of the Year” − Awarded for raising awareness about the importance of Latino markets, for serving as a leader and for positioning Radio Lobo and its community for continued positive growth. (2012)
- Greater Omaha Chamber’s Small Business of the Month − Recognized for leadership, longevity and commitment to community service. (2015)
Phone: (402) 884-0968
Address: 11128 John Galt Blvd # 25, Omaha, NE 68137
214 North 7th Street, Norfolk, NE 68701
200 Sherman Beatrice, NE 68310
414 4th Street Fairbury, NE 68352
1363 26th Ave. Columbus, Nebraska 68601
Grand Island Office
217 N. Locust Street Grand Island, NE 68801
Nebraska City Office
911 Central Avenue, 2nd Floor Nebraska City, NE 68410
2306 Legion Park Road
Sidney, Nebraska 69162